Meet the final cohort of AMPLIFICA’s second edition. The 9 selected projects will participate in the 6-week pre-acceleration programme focused on tech-based ideas that address social and environmental challenges.
The second edition of AMPLIFICA will take place between May 22th and July 3rd. The goal of the programme is to transform ideas into products in six weeks of intensive acceleration. The teams work two days a week and receive a 6-month follow up support to bring these products to the market. The selected projects have access to full-time workspace during the acceleration period in the space Work on Wood.
The programme has a hands-on approach from day one to achieve robust prototypes of technology products and a clear path to achieve product-market fit. The projects will also be leveraging the ability to implement successful market entry strategies. AMPLIFICA will follow the Lean Service Creation method, a fast and efficient innovation process that follows the guidelines of ‘human-centered’ design.
The impact pre-accelerator is focused on tech-based ideas that are addressing social and environmental challenges of our time, such as employment, sustainable fashion and health.
During the programme, participants will have the support of mentors and experts from different areas dedicated to the projects: technology, product management and design. MAZE guarantees 6-month follow-up support after the acceleration period to create opportunities for exposure to potential customers and investors.
The second cohort is composed of the following projects:
- CHAPERONE: Online platform focused on PhDs Career Development that facilitates career progression and reconversion.
- DREAM: Educational and volunteer programme that accompanies higher education students over 2 full years allowing them to experience different social impact activities aligned with an individualized personal development plan, and consistently creating change agents involved in the community problems.
- WINPUT: Topical application products for the treatment of skin diseases that can be applied to photodynamic therapy.
- UNLIMITED FUTURE: Unlimited Future is an online platform that helps young people better understand the career path they want to follow, their strengths and competencies, and to develop them.
- MENOS: Its goal is the creation of an ecosystem for vulnerable groups to create their own employment, supported by a digital platform that brings together acceleration, support, community, resources, events and shared services.
- GOTTALOCAL: Gottalocal is a digital Marketplace that serves as a tool for the local communities to promote their people and places in the form of cultural experiences, generating wealth for these communities through tourism.
- BLABLABLUE: BLABLABLUE is an app with tools, games, information and other features that can be used by parents teachers, therapists and other experts.
- FREETHERAW: FreeTheRaw is a digital marketplace for fabrics that major producers discard, making these products accessible to small producers at favourable prices, allowing a more sustainable sourcing.
- BACKCHAIN: Backchain offers a backup solution that utilizes Blockchain to implement a robust framework that can ensure the security and immutability of a company’s data. This solution helps reducing energy consumption and allows the creation of a unique fingerprint for each document.
The pre-accelerator programme promoted by Área Metropolitana do Porto has the objective of foster the social innovation ecosystem in the region. The programme is developed in partnership with Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and implemented by MAZE. IES – Social Business School and UPIN – Universidade do Porto Inovação are also active partners and participate in key moments such as workshops and the Hackathon.
AMPLIFICA follows the strategy of promoting social innovation in Área Metropolitana do Porto, which has been at the forefront of developing innovative projects to accelerate the local ecosystem.