Apply here until the 2nd of April.
MAZE is an impact investment firm created by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in 2013. We accelerate and invest in solutions that solve social and environmental challenges and we are now looking for an intern to join our team for 6 to 9 months.
Who are you?
- You are interested in the impact acceleration and venture capital field;
- You are a curious person, eager to learn about new topics and work areas;
- You like networking and getting involved with external stakeholders, be it startup founders, investors, partners, or mentors;
- You are analytical, methodical, and appreciate developing and following working processes rather than improvising;
- You are based in Lisbon and able to work from the office when necessary;
- You have a proficient written and verbal communication in English.
What can you expect from the job?
As an intern joining our team you will start by being exposed to our work of acceleration of impact startups, namely through our Blue Bio Value Acceleration programme, and your work will include:
- Scouting relevant impact startups;
- Assessing startups’ applications;
- Following and supporting startups throughout their journey in the programme;
- Collecting and analysing relevant data and building deliverables (reports and presentations) that are insightful.
What’s in it for you?
By joining the MAZE team, you will get a chance to:
- Work with a dynamic, growing, impact-driven team;
- Interact with the most exciting impact entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and be up-to-date on cutting-edge trends and innovation;
- Enjoy a competitive intern salary for the duration of 6 to 9 months.
This position is based in Lisbon, but MAZE has a hybrid work approach.
You will team up with: Marta (our Programme Manager). Work at MAZE is fluid, and you might also collaborate with other teams within MAZE.
This is a full-time internship but don’t worry if you are wrapping up your studies: we are happy to consider a part-time scheme until the beginning of summer.
- Applications close by April 2nd.
- Interviews will take place during the beginning of April.
- Position starts in early May.
Ok, I’m in. What do I need to do?
Apply here until the 2nd of April.
The first step of the selection process has three key elements:
1. Complete a challenge.
You are part of an investment team and you need to present two venture deals. Please prepare a deck in which you present the key aspects of two blue economy impact startups at your choice.
- Please prepare one slide per startup.
- Please submit a PDF file (exported from PowerPoint), named “Deals_[Your Applicant Code]”.
- Please do NOT include any information that can clearly identify you, such as your name, age, and gender anywhere on the document.
- All slide content should be in English.
2. Answer a question about your experience.
Looking back at your personal and professional life, tell us one thing that has prepared you for this internship.
- Please use a maximum of 150 words.
- With this question we want to get to know you a bit better and understand how you structure your thoughts and express yourself in writing.
3. Share your CV.
Note that the selection process will follow an “anonymous 1st step” format. We will start by assessing your challenge and only then will we analyse your CV and remaining elements.
Do I need to have work experience?
No, this position is suitable for people with or without any work experience. We are looking for someone eager to learn and work with our team, and we want to support your growth and development.
What are the next steps after I apply?
You will hear from us by beginning of April. Selected candidates will be invited for a first interview with the team.
Is this a paid position?
Obviously. Interns receive a competitive internship salary.