We are looking for an associate to join our team
MAZE is an impact investment firm created by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in 2013. We accelerate and invest in solutions that solve social and environmental challenges.
Who are you?
- You are interested in the impact field and care about people and the planet;
- You are based in Lisbon and able to work from the office when necessary;
- You have a proficient written and verbal communication in Portuguese and in English;
- You are able to articulate your thoughts and insights in a clear manner;
- You take initiative in solving problems and are able to work independently;
- You don’t freeze under ambiguity and can adapt and respond to change.
What can you expect from the job?
As an Associate joining our team you will be expected to:
- Deliver outputs that are structured, precise, and pertinent, autonomously and without supervision;
- Manage projects across the impact tools we use, with the support from a manager or director;
- Be competent at creating trust, managing expectations, and interacting effectively with external stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
By joining the MAZE team, you will get a chance to:
- Work with a dynamic, growing, impact-driven team;
- Interact with the most exciting impact entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and be up-to-date on cutting-edge trends and innovation;
- Enjoy an Associate salary, health insurance, and wellbeing budget.
This position is based in Lisbon, but MAZE has a hybrid work approach.
Earlier on, you will team up with: António (our CEO). Work at MAZE is fluid, and you might also collaborate with other teams within MAZE.
This is a full-time position.
- Applications open on the 8th of May.
- Applications close on the 17th of May.
- Interviews will take place in late May and early June.
- Ideally, position starts in July (depending on availability).
Ok, I’m in. What do I need to do?
Apply here until the 17th of May.
The first step of the selection process, has two key elements:
- Complete a challenge. Tell us about something or someone that you find funny and why. Why are we asking you this? The main goal of this exercise is to understand how you structure your thoughts and how you express yourself in writing. Guidelines:
- Max. 300 words
- In English
- Please do NOT include any information that can clearly identify you, such as your full name, age and gender.
Yes. We expect the person filling this position to have 2 to 5 years of experience, ideally including relevant project management experience.
You will hear from us by May 19th, the latest. Selected candidates will be invited for a first interview.
Apply here by May 17th.