Comms Intern Position
We are looking for a comms intern to join our team
maze is an impact investment firm created by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in 2013. We are an impact investment firm that offers financial and non-financial tools to everyone committed to delivering positive social and environmental outcomes.
Who are you?
An energetic and charismatic person to create content for maze - on our comms channels (website, social media, newsletters, PR) and:
- You are interested in the impact field and care about people and the planet;
- You are a curious person, eager to learn about new topics and work areas;
- You are based in Lisbon and available to work hybrid (office and from home when suitable);
- You have proficient written and verbal communication in Portuguese and English;
- You are organised and plan your work effectively;
- You like to explore new work tools to make your work more productive;
- You like graphic design (previous knowledge in Adobe tools is valued but not required);
- You can articulate your thoughts and insights in a clear manner;
- You take initiative in solving problems and are able to work independently;
We know this can feel overwhelming BUT it is important you know no one is EVER alone at maze and we are big supporters of learning by doing.
What can you expect from the job?
As a comms intern joining our team, you will be expected to:
- Curate content for our digital platforms, which includes writing and designing posts and newsletters, editing photos and scheduling content for publications;
- Be connected to all networks and engage with our community (reply to comments, chat, use instastories, LIVE sessions, etc.);
- Create a simple and effective analytics routine to monitor the performance of our comms campaigns;
- Be competent at creating trust, managing expectations, and interacting effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay updated on social media trends and best practices.
What’s in it for you?
By joining the maze team, you will get a chance to:
- Work with a dynamic, growing, impact-driven team;
- Interact with the most exciting impact entrepreneurs, companies and investors, and be up-to-date on cutting-edge trends and innovation;
- Enjoy a competitive intern salary for the duration of 9 months with the possibility of staying in maze after.
This position is based in Lisbon, but maze has a hybrid work approach.
This full-time nine-month internship is partially supported by the Instituto de Emprego e Formação Profissional (read here). Therefore, you cannot have benefited from this incentive after your last study cycle (ie. if you have done one after highschool and then you graduated, you are eligible again).
- Applications open on June 27th
- Applications close on July 26th
- Interviews will take place from July 27th to August 4th
- Position starts in September 11th
Ok, I’m in. What do I need to do?
Apply here until the 26th of July.
The first step of the selection process, has two key elements:
- Imagine you worked at maze. Now:
- Select one of our blogposts, and prepare a
- LinkedIn caption + image to share the blogpost link;
- Instagram post (photo/ design + caption);
- Instagram Reels / Tiktok to illustrate the blogpost;
- Share the URL of a website (media, expert blog, partner) that you think could be interested in adding an external link in their website to the blogpost you chose and explain why.
- Share your CV. Note that the selection process will follow an “anonymous 1st step” format. We will start by assessing your challenge, and only then will we analyse your CV and remaining elements.
Please do NOT include any information that can clearly identify you, such as your full name, age and gender.
No, this position is suitable for people with or without any work experience. We are looking for someone eager to learn and work with our team, and we want to support your growth and development. Previous experience in social media management, from a passion project or a previous internship, is valued.
You will hear from us by end of August, the latest. Selected candidates will be invited for a first interview.
Obviously. Interns receive a competitive internship salary supported by the Instituto de Emprego e Formação Profissional (read here). Therefore, you cannot have benefited from this incentive after your last study cycle (ie. if you have done one after highschool and then you graduated, you are eligible again).
Apply here by July 26th.